Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Amazon Lab 126 Design Technologies manages engineering tools systems and process for Amazon's Digital Devices Engineering teams, including: computer aided design (CAD), product data management (PDM), and design simulation (CAE/FEA/CFD). We are looking for candidates with a strong working knowledge of mechanical CAD (Creo/Pro-Engineer) to help to improve the productivity of design teams. You will play a role in defining design processes and work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to deliver an exceptional user experience.
You demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical CAD tools with a good understanding on how these tools interact with PDM/PLM systems; the desire to learn from new challenges, problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced design teams.
- The Role:
As a Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing first level engineering systems support, including issue tracking and initial issue troubleshooting. The candidate will identify and triage support requests according to priority and then either resolve the issues on their own for standard and documented solutions or, forward the requests to qualified support engineers for further investigation.
The candidate will also participate in other support tasks such as: updating user documentation and testing CAD/PDM tool processes per written instruction. In this role, your responsibilities include:
- Able to identify and organize support requests according to priority
- Resolve first level user support issues
- Distribute requests to support staff as needed for further issue resolution
- Create and manage new user account and access requests in Windchill PDM
- Manage engineering tool license access requests and metrics
- Update and maintain support documentation and processes
- Assist application engineers with engineering software tools support and testing
- Associate degree or related technical support experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering support role in a product design environment
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and/or Product Data Management tools (Windchill, Agile PLM, ENVOVIA, Teamcenter)
- Past working experience in an Engineering support function within a consumer electronics engineering environment
- Past experience in PTC and/or Cadence products (Pro/Engineer, Creo, Windchill/Intralink. Allegro, OrCAD) with capabilities to grow technically in other engineering tool sets
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to react to change, work proactively in a collaborative environment
- Ability to provide customers with outstanding customer care and service
- Ability to conduct basic issue troubleshooting
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top