Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and bring to market innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Connectivity is a core feature of our products. We have openings for SDEs to build a team responsible for developing new and unique wireless connectivity solutions. In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of custom embedded software applications and services across multiple platforms
- Design and build cutting edge software with a small, but experienced team of engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in embedded software or hardware control systems
- 3+ years coding skills in C or C++ and Java, on a Unix/Linux platform
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Experience developing distributed, multi-process, and multi-threaded client/server architectures
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Low-level (Kernel) software experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience influencing software engineer's best practices within your team
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Ability to propose and evolve features under the guidance of Senior and Principal Engineers
- Understanding of end-to-end SW development tool chains and environments
- Experience with network routing protocols.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top