Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Software Development Engineer – Systems, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative developer tools. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for system architecture and development for new product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- 3+ years of current experience working with Android
- Master’s degree
- Multimedia expertise
- Experience working on high-volume consumer products
- Extensive knowledge of the Android framework
- Understanding of embedded development constraints
- Data analysis skills
- Strong coding skills in C/C++
- Java coding skills
- Enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams
- Experience working on consumer electronics products
- Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge
- Shell scripting experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top