Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer – Applications, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
The Software Development Engineer – Applications will provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of custom embedded Java software applications across multiple platforms. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of embedded and application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, the determining of current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities
- Create new UI applications and edit current UI applications
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, make sure designs meet requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years of software development engineering experience with experience developing embedded applications
- Design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
- Master’s degree
- 1+ years of mobile applications development (preferably using Java)
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening, and customer relationships
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top