Software Development Engineer
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers customer-obsessed consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer - Wifi, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to innovate and deliver high-performance, low-power, stable connectivity platform for world class consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and enhance Wifi software for Amazon's consumer products
- Optimize Wifi performance and power consumption for connectivity platforms
- Engage with vendors to integrate Wifi chipset solutions
- Collaborate with other software teams to design and deliver unique customer features on top of Wifi for next-gen Amazon products
- Provide Amazon Customer Support technical assistance to trouble shoot customer issues
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline Expert C/C++ developer with strong problem-solving skills
- 3+ years of experience with Android and Linux development on kernel, device drivers, and frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with developing, optimizing and maintaining embedded systems
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in delivering Wifi based products
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge on IEEE802.11/Wifi protocols such as Wifi Direct, WMM, WPA, 802.11n/ac, and etc.
- 3+ years of expereince in Wifi development and debugging tools such as protocol analyzer
- Have prior experience with Wifi solutions from one or more major Wifi chipset vendors
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP internals and common network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, HTTP, and etc.
- Knowledge with Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy protocols
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top