Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, FireTV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
- Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing Android apps.
- Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer
• Familiarity and / or background in Application development frameworks
• Sharp analytical abilities, design skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Passionate and knowledgeable about new and emerging mobile and internet-based media and its technology
• A track record of delivering initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget and on or beyond scope
• Exceptional relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Proficient in Java, C++.
• Strong data structure, algorithm, and network programming knowledge required
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, and code instrumentation
• Ability to mentor and coach junior engineers on software engineering best practices.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing environment
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top