Software Development Engineer
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical system software features. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the audio architecture for Echo.
- Work with other team members to design novel customer features, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work with other team members to develop the architecture and design of new and current systems
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software
- Be a part of the team that delivers best in class audio on some of the most coveted electronics in the industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 3+ year relevant work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 3+ years of experience with best practices in C, C++
- 3+ yars of experience in embedded system fundamentals such as DMA, interrupts, and device drivers
- Experience working with audio analysis tools to deliver best in class products
- Experience writing unit tests to deliver software that scales
- Experience integrating media functionality into consumer electronics devices
- A proven track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory, storage, and CPU
- Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
- Knowledge of one or more industry-standard media formats and DRMs
- Development experience on multiple Linux platforms and mobile devices (Android, iOS).
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience building complex, multi-threaded system software that has been successfully delivered
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top