Software Development Engineer
Are you interested in defining and delivering new services to help fuel the explosive growth of AWS? If you are an experienced software development engineer who is passionate about Linux, servers, automation, scalability, performance, and cloud computing, then this is the job for you.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to accelerate innovative service development aligned with AWS capacity quality and availability. This is a rapidly expanding segment for the AWS business; in order to scale the team, we need more experienced talent!
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience developing distributed services in at least one of: Python, Ruby, C/C++, and/or Java. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of the Linux operating system and user-level tools, and are confident using and configuring Linux installers and build tools. Specific, in-depth knowledge of the use, design, and development of Xen and Linux kernel internals is a plus for this role. Data center or hardware design/test background is also a plus.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience developing distributed services in at least one of: Python, Ruby, C/C++, and/or Java
- Knowledgeable of the Linux operating system and user-level tools
- Skilled in shell scripting
- Confident using and configuring Linux installers and build tools
- Obsession in developing automation solutions to solve large scale problems.
- Possess superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills
- Passion to dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation.
- Basic understanding of how commodity servers, operating systems and networks function, perform and scale
- Basic understanding of standard internet protocols (Ethernet, ARP, IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, SSL, DNS, HTTP, etc.)
- 5+ years of industry experience focused on Linux
- A solid understanding of Linux networking.
- Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
- Experience with large scale systems
- Experience using AWS services
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top