Software Development Engineer
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Amazon Device Services and Security team is looking for software engineers interested in working on large scale and highly available systems, which enable Kindle devices to interact with amazon-enable services. Our team owns both the device and web service components that allow data to flow between devices and the Amazon cloud.
Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love listening to the customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering software solutions that has the potential to impact hundreds of millions customers around the world. In this role, you will have an opportunity to own design and development of key parts of services. You will have influence on subsystem design and help build a team culture around practices that are critical to a quality product.
If you feel strongly about building world class software, running a high volume, large scale fleet, have experience in building distributed systems, device software, and/or wireless platform services with strict performance requirements, we’d like to talk to you.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one object-oriented programming language such as C++, Java
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Experience building and maintaining mission critical, highly available, high throughput systems
· Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
· Knowledge of system performance methodologies along with hands on empirical monitoring
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top