Software Dev Engineer - Test
Are you interested in shaping the future of what people watch on television? We are building exciting experiences and driving new customer interactions with our popular and growing entertainment platform and want to find someone passionate about creating awesome products. Here you will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon’s long-term vision, which includes rapid expansion and innovation in the delivery of media entertainment.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Test Engineer, you will develop, execute and maintain software to test the product. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define test strategy, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
· 5+ years of experience as a Developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role.
· 3+ years of experience in Software development and testing in Java, C++ or Python.
· Knowledge of QA concepts and methodology.
. Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
· Experience writing test plans, test automation, and test cases.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Experience working closely with development and business teams.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top