Software Dev Engineer - Test
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Fire TV team is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Development Engineer in Test who has experience testing consumer products such as set-top boxes, Tablet Computers etc built on Android operating system. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact and work on cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Test Engineer, you will develop, execute and maintain software to test the product. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you will build should expose API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define test plans, test specifications, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 5+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, or as an SDET
- Experience in Java or C development, or white box testing
- Proficient in C, Python, Shell, and Java
- Knowledge on the Android operating system
- Ability to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas
- Knowledge and applicable work experience in creating automated test cases and improving test frameworks
- Experience writing code to test the Linux operating system
- Experience with open source test tools
- API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Set top box OR consumer device industry experience preferred.
- Deep understanding on Android operating system preferred.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience testing the kernel, kernel subsystems, and user space applications
- In-depth understanding of the real time kernel, power management, scheduler, memory management, inter-process communication, and driver model
- Familiar with the Eclipse IDE and Subversion
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top