Signal Integrity Engineer
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers customer-obsessed consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are seeking an outstanding engineer who can thrive in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment with minimal supervision to deliver SI/PI solutions. The ideal candidate should be familiar with signal and power integrity issues of high speed interfaces in both frequency and time domains, worked on board/package design and analysis, lab correlation/validation of simulation results.
- MSEE with 3 years of experience or BSEE with at least 5 years of hands-on experience in simulations and lab validation for SI/PI.
- Experience with high speed I/O interfaces, e.g., DDR, PCIe,MIPI,Sata,SAS, etc.
- Electrical extraction and validation of package and PCB
- Experience working with circuit design team and vendor to optimize circuit and system design
- Experience developing and executing test plans to validate SI and PI
- Experience working with product engineering and system engineering to debug and to improve product performance
- Experience with EM, Transmission Line Theories, Via properties, and their effects on signal quality/timing
- Experience uusing at least one time-domain and one frequency-domain tool such as Hspice, SiSoft, Sigrity, HFSS and Microwave Studio, as well as PI software such as Power SI
- Experience using VNA, TDR, high speed scopes and probing techniques. Experience with Berts and Spectrum Analyzer is a plus.
- Fluent in one programming language
- Strong analytical capabilities to interpret simulation and lab data to identify issues and provide solutions to fix those problems.
- Good at making design tradeoffs to provide optimal solution to meet cost and time to market requirements
- Fluent with Cadence Allegro and CMS for design reviews and constraint definition.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top