Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Sensors Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Design world class hardware, and, if applicable, software/firmware.
- Interact with cross functional engineering teams across the company.
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability.
- Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products.
- 10% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or related field.
- 4+ years experience as a hardware engineer.
- System level integration experience.
- DFx (Design for cost, test, manufacturing) experience.
- Experience with physical characterization of sensors.
- Experience with quantitative, statistical data analysis SW (MatLab or Python).
- Factory experience.
- Experience with schematic capture with tool sets such as OrCAD.
- Experience with PCB layout overseeing using Allegro.
- Experience using Hardware lab equipment such as digital scope, logic analyzer, and soldering skills.
- Experience with technical document writing using Visio, Word, Excel, and / or PowerPoint.
- Experience with Revision control/Document control.
- High level programming language with C.
- Software development: Linux drivers, firmware, IDE (ex: Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Analog/Board simulation (ex: SPICE, HyperLynx).
- Experience working as a Technical Lead.
- Mandarin fluency.
- Masters degree preferred.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top