Senior Technical Program Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Lab 126 is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to ensure that our Kindle eReader applications are designed and implemented to the highest standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust. You will focus on programmatically managing risks across the Kindle eReader organization. You will be responsible for coordinating vulnerability testing, making risk decisions on security topics, working with internal teams as they address issues, developing key performance indicators, and enhancing the organization’s information security program. In this role, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff working and designing innovative consumer products and services. If you enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment and influencing the strategic direction of a large global organization, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. In this role, you will:
- Participate, coordinate and drive security reviews of Kindle eReader software and services
- Develop key performance indicators, and deliver regular metrics that measure health of the organization
- Work with security engineers responding to security incidents
- Apply and evolve policies and procedures
- Engage with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams on security strategy and requirements
- Establish credibility and develop strong working relationships within organization while promoting security as a core competency of the organization
- Responsible for continual process improvement and innovation.
- Evaluates complex business and technical requirements, and communicate inherent risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, Masters Degree preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in technical program/project management
- Strong project management skills with proven track record for delivering results
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, with strong prioritization skills and risk based decision maker
- Master's degree or advanced technical degree
- Knowledge of hardware and services development process and lifecycle
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top