Senior Systems Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
With the Senior Systems Development Engineer - Cloud position gives you the opportunity to work on cutting edge large scale cloud services that will be used by millions of next generation devices. This position gives you the opportunity to work with world class Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning experts, to build the cloud systems that allow their algorithms to be used by millions of people. Work with streaming video, large scale deployments and high performance computing, both CPU and GPU related, as well as solve distributed systems problems. This position involves design, architecture, implementation and operation of large scale cloud systems.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience working with large scale cloud systems, understanding how to architect and build them
- Enjoys learning about cutting edge Artificial Intelligence and machine learning algorithms
- Keeps the customer in mind when designing systems
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
- 7+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of REST services
- Experience programming in Java
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- Experience with working on AWS services(S3, DynamoDB, EC2).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Experience with video streaming technologies such as WebRTC
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Program Management Office
Kevin oversees the product development process used to create devices and accessories across all Amazon Lab126 products. His oversight helps ensure everything is scalable as product lines grow.
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top