Senior System Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Software Development Engineer - Wifi, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to innovate and deliver high-performance, low-power, stable connectivity platform for world class consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
· Design, develop and enhance Wifi software for Amazon's consumer products;
· Optimize Wifi performance and power consumption for connectivity platforms;
· Engage with vendors to integrate Wifi chipset solutions;
· Collaborate with other software teams to design and deliver unique customer features on top of Wifi for next-gen Amazon products;
· Provide Amazon Customer Support technical assistance to trouble shoot customer issues;
· 7+ years of expeAmazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Sr. Systems Development Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will focus on key silicon decisions being made in the concept phase of the projects and how these influence the Fire OS. Work with hardware and RF engineering to influence connectivity silicon selection, providing a holistic view across the FireOs roadmap and the different hardware product lines
- Prepare technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of documentation
- Work closely with framework, power, BSP, multimedia, and other engineering teams to understand OS and performance requirements and feed these back to hardware engineering teams
- Work with the hardware and RF engineering and product management teams across the different product groups to understand long term roadmaps and product direction
- Influence product roadmap decisions by aligning the hardware and software roadmaps and resources
- Prepare white paper write-ups delivering the software organization's input into product reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- 10+ years of current experience working with embedded systems
- 5+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection
- 5+ years of experience in hardware development process and lifecycle
- 3 + years of experience as System-On-Chip architect, leading low-level SW development
- Master’s or PhD degree in EE or CS
- Cross-team coordination and executive presentation skills
- Ability to clearly and concisely present analysis' and recommendations in writing
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional, technical and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new features sets
- Can work in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing prioriti
- Comfortable with proactive outward communication exhibiting and technical leadership
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top