Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer - Audio
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer - Audio, you will work with consumer application testing expertise. You will join the team of hands-on, pro-active, self-motivated and seasoned SQA professionals. In this role, you will:
- Based on your deep expertise of audio system architecture, work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical picture
and how each feature is implemented to be later used in creating relevant test plans and test cases for audio products (50% of time).
- Use your audio test expertise to contribute in writing audio evaluation tools based on both international standards and custom internal methodologies (50% of time)
- Efficiently execute test cases at industry leading schedule/timeline across all functional areas of our products.
- Collaborate with design teams to ensure UI/UX integrity and quality is maintained
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of software QA testing experience with black and grey box functional testing
- 5+ years’ experience testing audio or speech related features in SW or HW products
- Experience coding and scripting in Matlab/python/bash (in that order)
- Knowledge of international standards for audio products
- Audio product experience with wireless consumer electronics
- Audio evaluation tool development to quantify performance of audio features, such as noise suppression, acoustic echo cancellation, various voice interface features, etc.
- Expertise in one or more, and familiarity with all, of the following: acoustics, psycho-acoustics, signal processing, sound reproduction (maybe highlight the most important one)
- Experience with speech recognition (and level of expertise common in your industry?)
- Familiar with known audio test equipment, such as Audio Precision or SoundCheck
- Able to work through many levels of technical depth, from audio algorithms to system firmware.
- Highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product UI
- Creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
- Hands-on experience in testing Linux/Android-based devices
- Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top