Senior Software Development Manager
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers customer-obsessed consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Will be part of the Fire OS organization and will be responsible for leading the E2E Performance and Power for Fire OS devices. Fire OS supports all Android devices that are built at Amazon. The supported devices include Tablets and TV.
The Senior Software Development Manager will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of framework and low level engineers responsible for System Power and System Performance on Android devices. In this position you will partner with product teams (Tablet, TV etc.), product managers, project managers and other internal resources.
You will also provide technical leadership and management for the system performance and the system power teams. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence, low level system background and strong Android experience. In addition, it will require demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
· Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
· Maintain and improve existing software
· Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
· Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
· 10+ years of industry experience, preferably in Android
· 5+ years of management experience
· Demonstrated experience delivering products
Master’s degree or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering
Java or Android experience
Superior design and architecture knowledge
Knowledge in one or more of the following areas –
- Power Management for embedded devices.
- Graphics – UI Composition and Fluidity for mobile applications.
- Android Framework / Android Runtime(s) / Compilers
- Linux Kernel / Device peripherals Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery as an individual contributor and leader
Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top