Senior Software Development Manager
Amazon Digital Products designs and engineers designs and engineers consumer electronic devices that enable our customers to purchase and consume digital content from a wide selection of Amazon content. We have produced hardware and software for devices like Amazon Echo, Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV, and Kindle Voyage. The Amazon Digital Products design group is looking for a highly experienced and motivated software development manager to join our User Experience Lab in San Francisco.
As the UX Lab’s Software Development Manager, your primary responsibility will be leading the development lifecycle of early stage prototypes for new hardware & software concepts. The UX Lab SDE team closely collaborates with software designers, industrial designers, hardware engineers, user researchers, and many other Amazonian technology contributors to develop end-to-end HW & SW concept prototypes.
You will define and manage software development project plans, milestones, and delivery commitments. You will be expected to build and maintain relationships across Amazon on our team’s behalf, and be an evangelist and point of contact for the UX Lab’s engineering team. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced incubation environment, embrace failing fast, and who want to invent the future.
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in software engineering
· 2+ years people management experience as either a direct manager or technical leader
· Experience with agile software development methodologies
· Experience ramping up on previously unfamiliar software platforms and frameworks
· Master’s degree in CS or an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
2+ years of mobile application development, preferably in Android (iOS and Windows Phone also applicable)
· Experience with rapid prototyping and user testing
· Proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Strong track record of building productive and successful software development teams and developing talent
· Experience in server-side development. (e.g. Java, C#, node.js, AWS services)
· Experience in front-end web development. (e.g. HTML/JS/CSS
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top