Senior Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer – You will be responsible for helping to deliver a fast, fluid and delightful experience for our customers. You will be expected to work at all levels of the stack from the application UI to the kernel, nothing is off limits. Members of this team tend to have a high degree of fluency in more than one language and tools and work with an unwavering focus on performance, fluidity and the overall customer experience.
You will take part in designing solutions to hard problems in the Android and Amazon ecosystem; help qualify and shape Amazon's the device portfolio; and foster best practices for teams to us for a performance and fluid experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- 7+ years of experience in designing and developing new features in distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
- Master’s degree
- Understanding of Performance tuning in Android/Linux
- Experience with Full Stack development.
- Experience working on high-volume consumer products
- Extensive knowledge of the Android framework
- Understanding of embedded development constraints
- Data analysis skills
- Strong coding skills in C/C++
- Strong coding skills in Java
- Strong coding skills in Python and/or Java Script.
- Enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams
- Experience working on consumer electronics products
- Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge
- Shell scripting experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top