Senior Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer – Applications GP, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment. You will work closely with the hardware, operations, user space, and quality assurance teams. The team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of high-performance, robust software frameworks that enable applications on the device.
The Senior Software Development Engineer – Applications GP will provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of custom embedded Application Programming Interfaces (API) and software frameworks across multiple platforms. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and preferably, in-depth technical knowledge of embedded software development. The position also requires demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of major routines and utilities
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, ensure that designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of software development engineering experience, with 2+ years developing embedded applications
- 3+ years of C/C++ & Java development
- Design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object-oriented design patterns
- Experience with multithreaded applications or software components
- Engineering process expertise, with the capacity to understand and apply Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Embedded development in C/C++ or Java
- Thorough understanding of the Linux operating system
- Embedded Linux development experience
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including customer relationships, verbal, written, and listening skills
- Can work in a dynamic environment
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top