Senior Software Development Engineer – Bluetooth
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer - Bluetooth, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
You will work closely with the hardware, operations, user-space, and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The Bluetooth connectivity team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a high-performance, low-power, stable platform. In this role, you will:
· Implement high-quality drivers as well as stack and framework features.
· Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs
· Implement power management features
· Improve memory footprint of drivers
· Optimize driver and stack code
· Provide testing facilities
· Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware
· Work with the applications and user-space teams to ensure an adequate level of functionality and reporting
· Be able to occasionally travel internationally
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or similar technical field
· 7+ years of experience doing hands-on software development, with experience writing Linux kernel (.drivers or core), as well as Bluetooth stack code.
· 3+ years of experience in one or more specific technical areas such as USB, UART, audio,WiFi, filesystems, system performance, wireless devices
· 3+ years of experience in Bluetooth and BT smart (low energy) specifications and standards with knowledge of Bluetooth stacks such as BlueZ, Bluedroid or other proprietary Bluetooth stacks.
· 3+ years of experience with driving products or platforms through Bluetooth certification.
·3+ years of experience with capturing and analyzing Bluetooth stack, HCI (bt snoop) and Bluetooth over the air sniffer logs.
· Understanding of embedded development constraints
· Data analysis and debugging skills
· Master’s degree
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Linux on ARM CPUs
· JTAG experience
· Bootloader experience
· Shell scripting experience
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top