Senior Software Development Engineer - Amazon Devices
Are you interested in working on truly huge and impactful projects that reach millions of people? Our organization brought you the Alexa family of products: Echo, Amazon Tap, and Echo Dot, Alexa-enabled tablets, Alexa-enabled FireTV, and the Alexa mobile companion app. We’re continuing to build amazing products, services, and features across many technologies including Alexa, Android, and mobile.
You don’t need any experience in those specific areas, just an enthusiasm to build cutting edge software particularly around user interfaces, cross-device APIs, or cloud-based services. If this sounds appealing to you, please contact us and we’d love to chat!
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Invent a delightful experience for our customers that utilizes Android, Alexa technologies, cloud services, frontend and backend technologies.
• Define and implement novel customer experiences and product direction through collaboration with Product and UX teams.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of industry experience.
- 7 years of programming experience in Java or C++; in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment.
- 5+ years of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object oriented design and code quality verification.
- Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions.
- Experience driving and articulating technical challenges and solutions.
- Experience creating advanced architectures and sustainable solutions.
- Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience on mobile platforms, preferably Android.
- Graduate degree.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top