Senior Software Development Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working and talented Sr. Software Development Engineer for the Amazon Echo team who has experience building innovative, mission critical software features. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of key features for Amazon Echo
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Assist with Architecture and Design of new and current systems
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 7+ years of experience in software development in Java or C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience writing unit tests to deliver software that scales
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- A proven track record of seeking out and resolving system performance issues involving memory, disk, and CPU
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
- Experience building complex, multi-threaded system software that has been successfully delivered
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top