Senior Software Developer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Software Development Engineer – Android Platform, you will be part of a team that owns critical applications and backend services, working on projects that push the boundaries of customer-device interaction. As a member of this team, you will be working on Web applications, Android applications, or the back-end services. Members of this team tend to have a high degree of fluency in one or more languages and tools and work with an unwavering focus on simplicity and performance.
You will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with the BSP and application teams to drive the development from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables. You will travel occasionally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience doing hands-on software development
- 3+ years of current experience working with Android
- Master’s degree
- Multimedia expertise
- Experience working on high-volume consumer products
- Extensive knowledge of the Android framework
- Understanding of embedded development constraints
- Data analysis skills
- Strong coding skills in C/C++
- Java coding skills
- Enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams
- Experience working on consumer electronics products
- Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge
- Shell scripting experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top