Senior RF Design Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior RF systems engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative connectivity solutions. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, architecture, execution and final delivery. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As part of the connectivity solutions group hardware team, you will be responsible for wireless design and integration. This includes the development and optimization of various wireless technologies including 802.11 (Wifi), 802.11ad (WiGig), mm-Wave technologies and GPS. In this role you will:
- Work within a project team and take responsibility for the wireless implementation.
- Identify suitable technologies per the project requirements and features
- Meet with vendors and technology suppliers for components selection and evaluation
- Implement, validate and optimize the RF circuit, schematic capture and PCB layout
- Take the product development from concept, through development, compliance testing, operator testing, ramp and sustaining
- Support the manufacturing and manufacturing test of the product
- Work with Software, Firmware, PD, baseband and compliance teams
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience as a RF design engineer
- Experience in RF systems design, integration, testing, debugging, de-sense analysis
- Hands on experience with RF lab equipment including: VNA, power meters, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators
- Experience with current and upcoming RF Standards in WIFI, WiGig, Cellular and GPS
- Experience with high speed high bandwidth wireless design concepts.
- Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Master's Degree
This position will require international travel.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top