Senior Product Manager - AWS Artificial Intelligence
Come be part of the Amazon Artificial Intelligence Team! We are a cloud AWS service that helps customers run machine learning and deep learning algorithms in a scalable and cost effective manner. With machine learning, businesses now ask our machines to do more than repetitive, strictly defined tasks. We are taking it one step further and have begun to ask them to not only learn on their own but to interpret data and report to the customer before they even knew they needed it. It's a step in history for you to be a part of. You will be designing and building a platform that incorporates best practices and can run advanced algorithms in production scale and reliability. We are the 'applied' side of the machine learning movement.
In this role you will play a critical function in the product definition and design of the future of machine learning and artificial intelligence. To be successful you will need strong technical skills (previous experience as a developer, data scientist, or a technical degree is recommended). You will drive the vision and road map for the future of Artificial Intelligence in AWS.
If you are ready for the challenge, come and help us design the future.
- Minimum of 3 years software, technology or product management experience preferably with internet business experience
- Minimum of 3 years of building and leading product teams, scaling them to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business
- Minimum of 3 years of experience translating customer needs into features, pricing models, and merchandising opportunities to deliver an unparalleled customer experience
The successful candidate will be a broad leader – part builder, part operator and part general manager. This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team. This leader should have a proven ability to design, deliver, and operate a technical service that is robust in the face of failure around it. It is important that this leader have an operational component to his/her leadership skill set.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- BS in Computer Science or an engineering field with an MBA
- Exhibit excellent judgment
- Hire and develop great people.
- Relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Ability to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Expect and require innovation of her/his team
- Passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Strong results orientation
- Think big (visionary)
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about the large opportunity that Amazon AI presents and about cloud computing, in general. This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift fast. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team. The Amazon Web Services business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a strong track record of achieving that balance.
From a business and technical perspective, this leader will:
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Possess a strong understanding of the industry
- Be conversant with internet technologies
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top