Senior Product Manager
As we continue to improve and evolve the customer and developer experiences for our Amazon devices, we are looking for an experienced and visionary Principal Product Manager who will own the software feature set for one or more of our core feature areas. In this role, you will help develop and drive business strategy and product vision and have a high degree of ownership in critical features and user experiences. The role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with UX, software engineering, third party developers, and executive stakeholders. We are looking for someone with deep customer and developer focus as well as passion for and an established track record in mobile and web application development, developer advocate, consumer technology, and connected devices. A successful candidate should be able to manage the tactical tasks of delivering products while simultaneously defining and driving strategic product planning for forward looking initiatives.
- Develop vision, strategy, developer experience and roadmap for HMTL5 technologies across our product lines
- Define product and business requirements to deliver on our strategy and vision
- Create buy-in for the product/feature vision and strategy both internally and with key external partners
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, developers, schedule, performance and cost
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to deliver the best product for our customers and developers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 10+ years of product management experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Familiarity with HTML5 Technologies and Application Development
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated results; delivered a major product from start to finish
- Strong background with search, recommendation and discovery algorithms and platforms
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap
- Excellent customer and developer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products
- A distinguished track record of working effectively with people across a complex organization to create and launch innovative, successful solutions
- MBA from a top tier institution
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top