Senior Manager, Technical Program Management
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Engineering Program Management. In this role, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize timelines, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current complex technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a Sr. Manager, Engineering Program Management, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to succeed in this role.
- 10+ years of Engineering Program Management experience in a consumer electronics industry
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience as an Engineering Program Manager with knowledge in development processes
- Experience with cross-functionally managing a diverse group of engineering, operations and related management professionals
- Proficient at creating and tracking complex development schedules
- Able to synthesize and present data to upper management – providing strategic recommendations
- Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
- Background in consumer electronics (battery-powered, wireless devices)
- Solid understanding of both software and hardware development life-cycles
- A proven track record of delivering high volume consumer electronic devices to market
- Experience dealing with high volume manufacturing sites globally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Leadership skills
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top