Senior Lead Electrical Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer Lead, you will be responsible for the electrical design of consumer electronic products. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment. In your lead role, you will be the owner of all aspects of EE hardware design, including circuit/board design and validation. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
- MSEE with at least 7+ years of experience or BSEE with at least 10+ years of experience in consumer product design
- At least 4+ years of experience of leading and working with ODM/OEMs for all stages of product development
- At least 7+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, and debug
- Knowledge of low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, audio circuit design, and analog design
- Knowledge of processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Knowledge of mixed-signal board-level design
- Experience developing robust designs for ESD/EMI immunities and RF de-sensitization
- Experience integrating RF technologies such as WIFI, BT, GPS, etc.
- Experience leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly
- Experience partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to manage and drive various cross-functional team members
- Understanding of high speed design and noise suppression techniques
- Hands on experience with signal integrity tools
- Experience in designing products for wireless networks (GSM, UMTS, LTE), GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth wireless systems
- Strong communication and documentation skills and ability to operate autonomously
- Complete understanding of manufacturing process including DFM and DFT for consumer products
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top