Senior Hardware Systems Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Senior Hardware Development Engineer will be responsible for the development of electrical/hardware systems. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to drive mechanical and RF design with ODM partners as well. He or she will create detailed test plans and drive execution of these plans through all phases of product development. In this role, you will:
- Lead EE development of consumer products
- Guide schematics/layout and cross-functional integration with manufacturers and silicon partners
- Create detailed test plans: signal integrity, RF, antenna, audio, and video, execute test plans
- Fill in gaps for other disciplines when needed (PD, reliability, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in EE or related field
- 7+ years of hardware design experience as EE on portable consumer electronic devices
- Experience with OrCAD, schematic capture and PCB layout
- This position may require travel 20% internationally
- Master’s degree in EE/CS/ECS or related technical field or equivalent
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top