Senior Hardware Reliability Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Hardware Product Integrity Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will be responsible for the system reliability validation of our devices. You should have a good understanding of Reliability statistics/Reliability physics/Reliability testing and/or solid understanding of semiconductor and/or consumer electronics reliability to influence design for reliability to:
- Identify and validate product risks and work with design teams to mitigate them
- Define test methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability
- Perform hands-on experimental design and execution as well as direct the work of test engineers
- Perform reliability prediction of failure mechanisms on products under development and products in the field
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Applied Physics, Applied Chemistry or related fields or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in reliability engineering in semiconductor, consumer electronics or equivalent industry
- Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Applied Physics, Applied Chemistry or related fields
- Experience with failure analysis techniques: Cross sectioning, Dye and Pry, SEM analysis and electrical debug
- Experience with fatigue testing, vibration and shock testing, electrical stress, environmental stress
- Strong communication skills in writing and presenting
- Proven experience in working effectively with cross-functional teams and senior management
This position may require some international travel.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top