Senior Hardware Engineer - Device
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Hardware Architect in the Hardware Device Architecture group, you will be part of a small team responsible for cross-functional architecture and design of new concepts with an emphasis on chipsets and embedded firmware. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment. In your role you will be a part of the team that brings in new ideas, prototypes them and delivers functional proof of concept devices. The design delivered should be mass producible. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
- MSEE with 7+ years of experience or BSEE with 10+ years of experience in consumer product design
- 7+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, software design, system bring-up
- Experience creating both detailed and high-level technical documents
- Experience developing high-quality code targeted for embedded systems
- Experience with processor architecture both from hardware and software perspectives
- Experience with interfacing to a variety of Sensors and RF technologies
- Experience with modern design tools like Agile, MATLAB, Excel
- Experience with defining and implementing firmware, drivers and algorithms
- Experience with Linux tool chains
- Experience with Imaging Systems, Optics, Imaging Sensors
- Ability to communicate effectively to both very- as well as non-technical audiences
- Ability to drive prototype hardware design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly and debug
- Ability to represent Lab126 with vendors and internal customers directly
- Experience with Computer Vision algorithms, Machine Learning
- Experience in evaluating image quality
- Familiarity with Mechanical design and tools like SolidWorks
- Understanding of manufacturing process including DFM and DFT
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top