Senior Hardware Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Technical Advisory Group (TAG) – part of Amazon Advanced Products & Technologies – is responsible for evaluating and incubating new, product concepts. We are responsible for translating high-level and often ambiguous product requirements into reality and advising the sponsoring business how best to deliver disruptive products to market to meet customer needs. Drawing on extensive experience shipping successful new initiatives, TAG ensures that products get off to the right start – understanding what is technically feasible, where invention is required, and designing the architecture, plan, and engineering team that sets up the product for growth and success. Once a solid plan and architecture is in place, we hand off to other teams for productization and launch.
As a Senior Hardware Engineer in the Technical Advisory Group, you will be responsible for early hardware architecture and design of concepts. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup-like environment. In your role, you will be a part of the team that brings in and incubates new product concepts. The hardware design concept delivered should be mass producible. To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities
- Have experience leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly
- Partner with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
- Be experienced working alongside industrial design and mechanical engineering teams to deliver a balanced design architecture
- Interact regularly with senior executives across Amazon
- 7+ years of experience in consumer product design
- Bachelor’s degree (BSEE)
- 7+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, and debug
- Knowledge of low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, audio circuit design, and analog design
- Knowledge of processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Knowledge of mixed-signal board-level design
- Experience integrating RF technologies such as WIFI, BT, GPS, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to influence various cross-functional team members
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (MSEE)
- Understanding of high speed design and noise suppression techniques
- Experience in designing products for wireless networks (GSM, UMTS, LTE)
- Strong communication and documentation skills and ability to operate autonomously
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top