Senior Hardware Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Hardware Engineer in the Concept Engineering group, you will be responsible for hardware architecture and design of new concepts. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment. In your role you will be a part of the team that brings in new ideas and delivers proof of concepts. The hardware design delivered should be mass producible. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
- MSEE with at least 7 years of experience or BSEE with at least 10 years of experience in consumer product design
- At least 7 years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, and debug
- Experience with low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, audio circuit design, and analog design
- Experience with processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Experience with mixed-signal board-level design
- Experience integrating RF technologies such as WIFI, BT, GPS, etc.
- Experience leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly
- Experience partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
- Knowledge of robust designs for ESD/EMI immunities and RF de-sensitization
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to manage and drive various cross-functional team members
- Understanding of high speed design and noise suppression techniques
- Experience in designing products for wireless networks (GSM, UMTS, LTE), GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth wireless systems
- Strong communication and documentation skills and ability to operate autonomously
- Understanding of manufacturing process including DFM and DFT for consumer products is a plus
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top