Senior Engineering Program Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Engineering Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced inter-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, test and delivery. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Senior Engineering Program Manager will lead internal inter-disciplinary teams through the product execution phase process. The candidate is responsible for creating the project plan, including the schedule. You will work with the Product Manager to derive the product requirements and obtain executive approval. The Senior Engineering Program Manager will drive and motivate the cross-functional team to deliver the product(s) as per the agreed-to requirements and cross functionally manage other internal team members. The Senior Engineering Program Manager will be responsible for the coordination and planning of all engineering builds at the supplier and drive the configuration management deliverables to ensure the timely release of all assemblies to production. In this role, you will:
- Drive execution of projects
- Lead cross functional project meetings
- Lead milestone reviews
- Present project status to the executive team
- Manage project builds globally
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- 7+ years of engineering and/or Program Manager experience
- Experience delivering consumer electronic products
- Master's degree in relevant discipline
- Proficient at creating and tracking complex development schedules, managing issues and tracking bugs
- Experience managing the introduction of new technologies
- Solid understanding of product development lifecycles
- Strong understanding of technical requirements for technology integration
- Hands on experience at overseas manufacturing facilities
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- This position will require International travel
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top