Senior Data Scientist
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Build and Release Engineer, you will provide support for developing build scripts and tools that will improve the efficiency of the development and its build process.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail oriented Build Engineer who has demonstrated ability to work in a fast-pace and complex software build environment.
Become one of the founding members of the Fire OS data science team. We are responsible for measuring the health of our products - Fire TVs, Fire Tablets, and Echos. Using this health data – crash, power, and performance data more specifically – we ensure our development teams are taking appropriate actions to ensure an optimal user experience. We also ask questions about the impact of these health areas on the downstream behavior of our customers. E.g. When we lower our crash rate, how much more do our customers engage with our devices? We are also the team that raises the bar on statistical integrity in any and all uses of data inside of the Fire OS organization, whether it is field metrics or test data.
- Design and executing statistical models that help us see into the future and predict the impact of ship decisions.
- Communicate your results to diverse audiences at Lab126 with effective writing and visualizations.
- Be a champion for high quality data-driven decision-making throughout the company by helping other teams develop good metrics and their own data analysis skills.
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful.
- Experience working with event-based product usage data in some capacity. Professional work as a Data Scientist at a mobile product company is preferred, but any hard or social sciences training or relevant independent projects are useful.
- Comfort with a AWS big data tools so that you can extract the data you need from our different sources.
- Ability to build tools and automation to clean, transform, and merge your own data in a procedural language like Python, Julia, or R.
- You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us in some area and can be good teachers and mentors.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top