Senior Audio Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Audio Engineer, you will be responsible for designing audio sub-systems, selecting audio CODECs, transducers and amplifiers, improving audio system quality, working with software/product design engineers to optimize audio performance, and initiate new acoustic designs. You will be involved in projects from concept through project completion, gaining exposure to the complete design lifecycle. You will also support engineering builds globally. In this role, you will:
- Have knowledge of digital signal processing
- Create innovative acoustic design scheme and set audio targets for future products
- Perform audio regression tests on shipping products and generate audio performance reports
- Design world class hardware, and, if applicable, software/firmware.
- Interact with cross functional engineering teams across the company.
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues.
- Wireless consumer electronic device experience.
- Factory experience.
- Schematic capture with tool sets such as OrCAD.
- PCB layout overseeing using Allegro.
- Validate hardware/software and debug issues
- Develop automated test tools (SoundCheck, LabVIEW)
- Attend and run cross-functional engineering meetings
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
- Lead design reviews
- Build design processes to continuously improve performance and quality
- Travel to support engineering builds if needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in audio technology development or integration
- Experience with concepts of acoustic design, measurement instruments, and automation software like SoundCheck and LabVIEW.
- Experience with Analog/Board simulation (ex: SPICE, HyperLynx)
- Experience with hardware lab equipment such as digital scope, logic analyzer, and soldering skills.
- System level integration experience – Audio, Power, Battery management, RF, ESD, etc.
- DFx (cost, test, manufacturing) experiences
- Experience in the following areas:
Audio signal processing and associated hardware
Programming of ADC’s and DAC’s.
Class “D” amplifiers
Audio transducer design
Acoustic test and measurement
Experience with acoustic test instruments (e.g. SoundCheck, MLSSA,
LMS, B&K, Audio Precision)
Subjective audio quality evaluation
- Master’s degree
- Mobile electronics and wireless technologies
- Strong analog design experience
- Proven track record of delivering high volume consumer electronic devices
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top