Senior Antenna Design Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
In the Connectivity Solutions Group, we are inventing the future for consumer electronics and connectivity and are looking for a Senior Antenna Design Engineer to bring our vision into reality. If you love to be hands on from defining system architecture, concept prototyping, and enabling mass production while working with a world class, highly accomplished team, we would love to talk with you.
As a Senior Antenna Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the development and integration of Antenna systems into challenging products and interface with a cross functional team to define requirements and features of future projects. This includes the Antenna development and optimization of various wireless technologies including 802.11 (Wifi), 802.11ad (WiGig), and GPS. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
- Deliver a long term strategy for antenna development
- Define antenna concepts and requirements during product definition
- Lead antenna design, optimization and validation across product executions
- Mentor team members
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in antenna design
- Master of Science degree or Ph.D. in electrical engineering with research/thesis work on active phase array antennas
- Experience with communication systems and component design, including link budget analysis, frequency planning, interference analysis, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity
- Experience with one of the 3D EM simulation tools such as CST, HFSS, or XFDTD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proven capacity to design, to organize, and to lead multidisciplinary engineering projects
- Understanding of digital beamforming and the RF active chain in a phased array architecture
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth experience
- Schematic capture and layout expertise
This position will require international travel.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top