Research Scientist - Wireless
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for a passionate, talented and inventive Research Scientist - Wireless to join our team. In this role, you will:
- Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products
- Work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test
- Be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of development experience in an R&D capacity
- Solid understanding of wireless protocols (MAC and higher layers) and network architecture (e.g. TCP, UDP, IP, SIP, MANET)
- Prior industry experience with system modelling and simulation of wireless network.
- Proficient in network simulation and modelling software (e.g. NS3)
- Proficient in programming with C and C++
- Proficient in scripting with Python or Java
- Experience with platforms Linux/Unix and Windows
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of standard wireless communication protocols such as 802.11, Bluetooth.
- Ability and desire to create new technologies in the form of prototypes and patents
- Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact
- Independent, self-motivated worker requiring minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top