Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Are you experienced at applying machine learning to big-data tasks? Are you excited by analyzing and modeling terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems? We love data and we have lots of it. We’re looking for top scientists capable of using machine learning and other techniques to design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
The Computer Vision and Machine Learning team at Amazon Lab126 has multiple positions available for applied scientists in Sunnyvale, CA for machine learning experts at all career stages, from graduating doctoral students to internationally renowned researchers and practitioners.
We solve many of Amazon's most difficult and important problems, and in partnership with teams across Amazon, we build new algorithms and solutions that delight our customers. We are working on projects in image and video understanding, natural language processing, deep learning, and more.
The ideal candidate is results-driven, deeply technical, and highly innovative. If you know how to apply advanced machine learning techniques, love to work with data, and long for the opportunity to build solutions to challenging problems that directly impact the company's bottom line, we want to talk to you. In this role, you will:Use statistical and machine learning techniques to help our products behave intelligently and delight the end user
· Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning
· Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creation
· Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
· Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Computer Vision, Statistics or a related quantitative field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- 3+ years of algorithm development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Computer Vision, Statistics or a related quantitative field
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- At least 1 year of post-graduate experience in academic or industry environment
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top