Quality Assurance Manager - Smart Home
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Do you want to shape the future of the Amazon Smart Home and Internet of Things space? Come and join us! Our team is developing cutting-edge technologies to define the smart home space, leveraging the Amazon Alexa speech platform and Amazon Web Services. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions that put the "Smart" in Smart Home.
You'll be digging into the possibilities unlocked when we embed technology into internet-connected, physical things in the home. If you want to be at the hub of enabling the next wave of innovation in technology, we have a role for you.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Quality Assurance Manager who has experience working on innovative, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design and quality of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. You love to push the limits of software to figure out where it breaks, and have good instincts backed by years of experience. You’ve lead teams that have designed and written lots of software, shipped products and contributed to frameworks, platforms and tools.
The successful Quality Assurance Manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy. We are looking for an experienced and hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs.
· Working with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
· Understanding how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy.
· Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
· Overseeing the development and execution of test plans and monitoring and reporting on test execution.
· Will work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
· The successful candidate is an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs.
· 10+ years of industry experience, including at least three years of hands-on testing and at least five years as a manager
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
· Device Software experience
· Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
· Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
· Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results
· Experience with systems automating client / server testing with a heterogeneous mix of client applications and devices
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top