Quality Assurance Manager (Multimedia)
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Amazon Fire OS team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Manager to drive world class quality in the software platform that makes a one of a kind experience today, and will enable exciting new capabilities tomorrow. The successful manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy. Responsibilities include understanding how all the various parts of the Kindle software ecosystem work, developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy, overseeing the execution of test plans, and monitoring the progress of testing. The successful candidate is an experienced and hands-on manager who can build a high performing test team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience, including at least three years of hands-on testing and 2 years as a manager
- Experience creating automated tests
- Knowledge of SQA methodology and tools
- Embedded systems and/or mobile experience
· Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
· Experience with media platforms HDMI/HDCP components, or audio drivers
· Experience with current media streaming standards and audio/video decoders
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with Development Engineering and other functions
· Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top