Quality Assurance Engineer - Amazon Kindle Demo Devices
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon E-Readers, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Do you have a passion for consumer electronics? Do you want to enhance the quality of software for the latest tablets, e-readers, audio devices and the back-end infrastructure that supports them? If so, the KOMPAS Demo team needs you! We are working on best-in-class demo retail demo experiences for the broad family of Amazon devices. We work on interesting projects, strive for a great work-life balance and have fun working on the latest devices before they hit the stores!
If you are a talented, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer who is passionate about quality and delivering the best customer service, then we want to hear from you!
- Development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
- Work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Work with developers to identify the root cause and resolve issues.
- Use professional software engineering practices & best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Communicate with internal/external teams and management on requirements and status updates.
- Work in test driven development and establish test infrastructures
- Automate the validation of user interfaces.
- Interact and coordinate test activities among multiple teams
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- 3+ years of experience as part of a test team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 3+ years of experience in QA methodology and tools.
- 3+ years of experience in industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed tool sets
- Strong understanding of automation and how to apply where possible
- Comfort and familiarity with common data structures, algorithms and collections.
- Familiar with the Eclipse IDE or logical equivalent.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results
- Proficient in an object oriented programming language.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top