Quality Assurance Engineer
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer in our device Multimedia test team, you will work with consumer application testing experts. As a strong customer advocate, you will help ensure our Fire OS based products provide great audio and video experiences for our customers. You will join a team of hands-on, proactive, self-motivated and seasoned SQA professionals.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute automated tests and test plans for Fire tablet and Fire TV projects
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Work with software development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of software/hardware system QA testing experience
- Experience in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
- Software QA automation experience working with the following technologies: PHP, CSS, HTML, Java, Java Script, Python, PERL, etc.
- Reporting skills, experience in creating status reports based on automation results
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of Embedded Linux, Android media architecture, Stagefright, AudioFlinger
- Experience with media platforms, HDMI/HDCP components and/or audio drivers
- Experience with current media streaming standards and audio/video decoders
- Experience with DRM and content protection schemes like PlayReady, Widevine, HDCP
- Highly methodical test discipline and ability to develop comprehensive strategies for media products
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top