Quality Assurance Engineer
The Kindle Reverse Logistics team is responsible for the all the software systems related to the return, screening and repair of Amazon devices at Amazon return centers worldwide.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer on this team, you will provide testing automation and quality assurance expertise for our team and be a constant advocate for our customers at the Amazon Fulfillment and Customer Service Centers. Our preferred candidate possesses a high level of coding aptitude combined with a demonstrated passion for Quality Assurance. Our team faces unique challenges bridging the gap between online and physical channels while delivering the best experience for our customers.
Our QAEs understand customer usage models and are able to develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios. They create and execute automated regression tests, do manual testing when necessary, and are responsible for driving our software development process towards quality-centric methodologies.
Our QAEs have the opportunity to work with a number of leading edge technologies and are at the forefront of customer innovation. You will never be bored here! Come work with a team of top-notch engineers and product managers to help ensure the highest quality product delivery for our customers!
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 4+ years overall QAE and/or development experience.
- Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban) with experience writing acceptence criteria for user stories.
- Experience working with product owners defining, and refining user stories.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated QA experience in an SDET or QAE role.
- Practical coding experience with automated web testing tools, services, and physical devices.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
- Creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness for the entire team.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Thought leadership on emerging quality assurance methodologies and best practices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top