QA Engineer - AWS Hardware
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Hardware Engineering is a fast growing and leading-edge research and development unit that designs, engineers and qualifies cloud-optimized compute and storage enterprise products. These high-powered servers push the technological limits to achieve truly limitless cloud offerings for AWS customers. The Hardware Qual team owns the total hardware validation testing cycle and ensures the high expectations of our cloud customers are met.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will join the team of our hands-on, passionate and seasoned QA professionals developing innovative enterprise product solutions.
- Directly influence the direction and growth-path of HW Qual
- Find innovative ways to stress and prove the HW functionality our customers care about
- Create and document test plans and test cases
- Review technical specifications and interfaces for conformity to design guidelines and functionality
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Be a proponent of automation and work to enhance our test automation capability through scripting and other software tools
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution using our tracking tools
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development proces
- Work with other Development Engineers across the hardware, software teams to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented and best validated
- Mentor and train junior QA Engineers in test methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of Hardware-related QA testing experience.
- Experience in development and use of test automation frameworks
- Experience in developing tests with one or more Unix scripting languages (bash, ksh, csh, etc.) and/or other languages such as Python or Perl.
- Experienced in black box and gray box functional testing, integration testing
- Several years of product validation experience with standard server architectures and components such as CPU, GPU, Memory, HDD, SSD, Networking, BMC, BIOS, and related firmware
- Hands-on experience in testing Linux-based servers
- Excellent understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
- Experience writing code for Linux and Hypervisor operating systems
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
- Highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all server subcomponents
- Demonstrated experience in black box and gray box testing methodologies; highly experienced in integration testing
- Experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
- Competent development hardware engineering capability
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top