Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Program Manager you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The program management group in Hardware Engineering is looking for an individual who wants to work on a cool products that are growing at a rapid pace. We are a critical part of the hardware development process. The program manager will ensure ongoing support, help grow the capabilities of our current processes to meet our needs, and drive continuous improvement. While your primary responsibility will be to support the Technical Program Manager, you will also work with a cross-functional team that includes Engineering, Product Management, Operations, etc. Some specific examples of the Program Manager responsibilities will include driving product requirements, coordinating engineering builds at suppliers, maintaining program budget and purchase orders, getting approvals for key project milestones, etc.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver results on moderately-complex medium to large scale projects involving teams across the company
- Work with stakeholders to define and document business requirements. Coordinate with engineering teams to create responses to the business requirements and drive cross-functional specifications.
- Understand current system capabilities and limitations
- Problem-solve and explore solutions to implement product development process
- Present status to Technical Program Managers and management team
- Drive continuous improvements
· BS degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 3+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
· 5+ years of experience in product or process definition, having taken a product or process from concept to execution
- Master’s degree
- Proven ability to influence others, facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, building relationships
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes
- Knowledge of requirements gathering tools like Jama, bug tracking systems like Jira and project collaboration tools like Wiki or SharePoint
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top