Product Design Engineering Program Manager Intern
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Mechanical Program Manager Intern will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, test and delivery. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. Working within the Product Design team, the Mechanical Project Manager Intern (MPM) will be responsible for coordinating execution of the Lab126 Product Development Process, across multiple programs, for the device enclosure and package design developments of kindle products. The MPM will work with the PD teams, HW Program Managers and Operations to assure necessary process steps are planned and executed, and provide for smooth, reliable progress of programs against target schedules. In addition, you will provide support and coordination within the Process Engineering team to facilitate distribution and tracking of materials under test, returns failure assessment and response, and documentation of “lesson’s learned” during project developments.
· Drive the team to meet PDP (Product development Process) requirements.
· Develop, maintain and manage task-based PD schedule. Provide risk management and schedule optimization analysis.
· Being the PD communication focal point with Lab126 Core team, Tooling suppliers and OEMs.
· Drive and track enclosure material readiness for Engineering builds.
· Management of BOM development and readiness.
· Support through coordination of resources across Process Engineering Team initiatives.
· Wokring towards a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering degree or related field.
· Experience in consumer electronics or related industry.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities with constant changes
· Experience in the following:
o Project Scheduling (MS Project or like)
o BOM and Material Control Systems
o Bug Tracking Databases
· Wokring towards a Masters degree
· Strong technical background working in engineering related fields or in product development.
· Demonstrated experience managing complex project schedules.
· Successful organizational, and people skills.
· Enthusiasm for getting “hands on” in collaborative team environments
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required for effective presentations.
· Demonstrated ability to start projects and drive to completion.
· Experience working with overseas partners.
Some international travel required.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top