Product Design Engineer Intern
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Product Design Engineer Intern, you will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems, the desire to learn from new challenges and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work and be able to communicate their ideas and concepts both verbally and visually. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments. This position will require international travel. In this role, you will:
· Research into materials and component technologies to evaluate development opportunities
· Design features and test to meet program objectives
· Conduct test failure analysis and solution validation to complete successful product development
· Detail part design and product documentation
· Field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues
· Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
· 3D CAD experience
· Working toward a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
· Strong analytic and problem solving skills
· ProEngineer Wildfire experience skills
· Demonstrated design experience with high volume/high finish CE Enclosure materials
· Demonstrated design experience integrating component modules (I/O, Displays, Batteries, etc.)
· Exposure to Product level validation testing (Thermal, EMC/EMI, Shock, Cycle Testing, etc.)
· Mandarin language skills
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Amazon Lab126's Employees
Senior Manager, Hardware Reliability Engineering
Guneet leads the Hardware Reliability Development Team that works on the Kindle, Fire, and Amazon Echo family of products. Guneet's team plays an essential role in making products like Fire tablets robust and reliable so customers can use them for years.
Back to top